The Charles Léopold Mayer Foundation for the Progress of Humankind (fph) is a foundation under Swiss law. Our aim is to contribute to the emergence of a global community. Our work focuses on governance, ethics and sustainable living modes.
In 2015-2025, in the continuity of the previous period, the action of the foundation is structured into four areas focusing on:
- lifestyles and socio-economic organization in a post-consumerist perspective: Transition to sustainable societies;
- regional cooperation in a multipolar world, and the necessary legitimate governance to gain the support of the people: legitimate governance and regional cooperation;
- liability and responsibility from a socio-professional perspective: Responsibility and Ethics;
- information for social change: Methods and tools for information and dissemination of ideas.
How to apply for funding
A funding application should include the following elements:
- a description of the stakes considered and their relevance in regard of the three themes: governance, common ethics, and sustainable society,
- the state of the art of the various stakeholders already involved in the field, their aims, and strategy. It is essential that applicants demonstrate a great insight of the environment they pretend to influence,
- a description of the strategy proposed that has to be relevant in regard of the above overview. It is important to show how this strategy might influence and modify the existing state of play.
- a description of the necessary human, intellectual and financial resources to successfully implement the strategy.
The french version of the website is much more complete.