With the aim of ensuring that young feminists and young women are supported in continuing to play an active role in the global transition towards justice and sustainability; FRIDA is launching a special grant round for young feminist and young women-led groups focused on Climate and Environmental Justice in targeted regions and countries.
FRIDA Young feminist fund
Funding amount and length
FRIDA makes grants of up to $5,000 USD. They are flexible grants that can be used for general support and/or projects* to be used over a period of 12 months and are open to renewal.
Groups founded or led by young women or trans* youth (under 30 years) that are committed to ALL of the following:
- Advancing and defending women’s rights from a feminist perspective
- Improving the lives of young women/trans* youth at local, national, regional or international levels;
- Working towards climate and/or environmental justice, understood as defending a clean, healthy and safe environment while at the same time defending the rights of the most marginalized sectors, including women, indigenous groups, and/or others;
You can apply in any of the following 6 languages: Arabic, English, French, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Groups with budgets over $25,000 USD.
- Proposals submitted by individuals, government institutions, political organizations or religious groups.
- Groups that focus only on the provision of direct services (e.g. formal education, technical training, craft or health care, etc.).