The Mediterranean Women’s Fund tries to finance projects of women’s rights associations in Algeria, France, Turkey, Morocco and in Palestine.
To provide, or help to find, the financial or technical means which are needed to fund actions decided by those groups, associations, organizations or individuals who are working towards equality between women and men in the Mediterranean region.
PROGRAM TO REINFORCE THE FUND-RAISING CAPACITIES OF ASSOCIATIONS
The Fund has three main axes of support:
- Networking at a regional level: network building, exchange of information and experiences, project coordination
- Strengthening of women’s movements at a local level: Support for the running of associations, training for young women and assistance for creative or sensitive projects
- And depending on the context, individual support: help for participating at meetings or urgent aid
It provides support to associations and networks of the Mediterranean region by:
- Providing information concerning funders who work in the region
- Encouraging members of associations to participate in training programs for project construction, financial budget management and fund-raising
- Helping the creation of local funds